The young adults of Greater Cincinnati are putting on another boot stompin’, hat tippin’, swingin’ Square Dance Fundraiser for Run for the Call!! This year’s square dance will be hosted by the Cincinnati Frassati Fellowship on Saturday, May 25th at St. Gertrude’s in Madeira from 7-11pm and will feature the always exciting live Square Dance talents of the great Zeke Regula!
If you are a young adult, or even if you have a young family, come join in the fun!
This year, the price of admission is just $5 per person and the organizers are asking for volunteers to help bring in side dishes and snacks to make the party that much more fun!
If you can help make this fundraiser an even greater success, please sign up here. If you just have time to come, please spread the word, bring your friends, and make this a night to remember all year long!
If you cannot join us for the fun, please consider donating to support our seminarians.
Flying Pig Marathon weekend is less than a month away! I can’t believe how quickly this year has flown by. Yet, if you have been on the fence or are just now getting into your training for the 5K or 10K races on Flying Pig Marathon Weekend, there is still time to join a great cause! Please consider registering with Run for the Call and help our seminarians to stay focused on discerning their vocation even in times of financial emergencies!
Sign up today and we will send you a discount code that not only will allow you to register for the Flying Pig Marathon at the Early Bird price, but also will donate 10% of the cost of your race registration directly to our seminarians! Online race registration closes on April 21st! So act now!!
Of course, if you’d like to donate more directly to our seminarians, you can do that from the Flying Pig Marathon or go directly to our fundraising page! We always encourage our team members to donate some of the amount they save by using our discount code.
See you on Race Day!!
The annual Cincinnati Square Dance sponsored by local Catholic young adult groups and Eagle Eye Ministry alumni is coming back on April 21st of this year at St. Bartholomew parish in Winton Woods (Cincinnati) with very exciting news: ZEKE IS BACK!!
Zeke Regula, the beloved centerpiece of the original Cincinnati Square Dance, is returning as our hourly square dance caller! Zeke’s energy and enthusiasm for square dancing is so entrancing that before you know it, you’ve found yourself mixed into a square and having one of the best evenings of your entire year!
Between Zeke’s brand of square dances (in the hoedown style), our talented DJ, Darren Zancan, will be keeping the dance floor busy with his own mix of music that includes family friendly music from nearly every genre. Some refreshments will also be provided throughout the night. So, mark your calendars and bring your whole family! Heck, bring your friend’s family, too!
The cost for the evening, which runs from 6-11pm, is just $5/person or a maximum of $25/family and 100% of the proceeds from the evening go to benefit us, here at Run for the Call! As always, extra donations are welcome and if you would like it to be a tax deductible donation, the best way is to write a check on the night of the dance to “Archdiocese of Cincinnati” with “Run for the Call” on the memo line.
Don’t miss this wonderful opportunity to relax and unwind with your family and friends. This is always one of the best social events of the year! You can let us know you’re coming on our Facebook event page, or just plan to show up.
If you cannot make the event and you’d still like to donate, please consider purchasing a couple of Piggest Raffle Ever tickets on our behalf. One Hundred Percent of the cost of the tickets goes to support our seminarians! Purchasing a ticket for Run for the Call also gives you the chance to win $5000 for yourself and for Run for the Call!
The Serra Club of Sidney/St.Mary’s is once again hosting their annual Spaghetti Dinner fundraiser for Run for the Call on St. Patrick’s Day, Saturday, March 17th! Once again this year, it will feature the homemade sauce of Fr. Martin Fox, pastor of St. Remy in Russia, OH! This sauce is not to be missed and you better get there early because it was the first to run out last year!
They offer the dinner as a free will offering and 100% of the proceeds goes to supporting our seminarians as they discern their call to the priesthood.
You can dine in or carry out your dinner from 5-7pm at St. Remy Hall. To make an extra tax deductible donation to Run for the Call, simply write a check to Archdiocese of Cincinnati and write “Run for the Call” on the memo line.
We can’t wait to see you there!
On Saturday, April 1st from 5-7pm, the Serra Club of Sidney/St. Mary’s is once again hosting a spaghetti dinner fundraiser for Run for the Call. As in previous years, the dinner will be held in Russia, OH at St. Remy Hall and 100% of the proceeds will go to support our seminarians through Run for the Call!
This year, as a special treat, the sauce for the spaghetti will all be homemade by Fr. Martin Fox, the pastor of St. Remy parish!!
In addition to spaghetti, diners can expect salad, garlic bread and homemade desserts to complete their meal! All are invited to attend the dinner and there is no set cost, instead the Club will be accepting donations for all meals.
Dine in and Carry-out options are available! See you there!!
Hey guys! It’s now just three months until Flying Pig Marathon weekend and that means it’s time to put our names on the line! Any person who is still deciding on whether or not to run during Flying Pig weekend, allow me to list just a few reasons not just to run but to run with Run for the Call:
- It’s exciting!! Flying Pig Marathon weekend in Cincinnati is one of the most energizing atmospheres you will experience as an athlete. We’ve all experienced the great excitement of the All Start Game in 2015 and we’ve experienced the joy of Bengals fever (when they make the playoffs) and it’s hard to match Reds playoff baseball, but everyone reading this has had to experience those great events as an observer, this is a chance to be part of those being celebrated! There is truly a special feeling about that.
- Walkers are welcome too! You don’t have to run to experience the amazing atmosphere!
- Increase your fan base automatically! Running as a part of a team gives you another form of support among the others competing in the race! Team members recognize other team members and will call out to you, check on you and cheer you on! Who doesn’t love more fans!! 🙂
- This is a great source of motivation! Running for a specific cause gives you another source of motivation. So many times in distance running, we need to find different reasons to keep going. Often times we can stay self-motivated to beat the clock, but sometimes that’s just not enough. When we know that we are doing this to raise awareness for a cause or to support particular people (like our seminarians) then we have another reason to keep putting one foot in front of the other and cross the finish line.
- Pray more! Run for the Call offers a specific cause that inspires team members not only to be motivated to run, but also to be motivated to pray! We encourage all our members to offer all the time on the road as a form of sacrifice on behalf of our seminarians. We even give each of our members a specific seminarian to pray for by name that makes this experience even more personal than most other running teams.
- Save Money! All partner charities of the Flying Pig Marathon are given a special discount code for anybody who wants to join their running team. If you sign up with us, you can still get the early bird cost for the Flying Pig weekend race of your choice!
- Support a great cause! Run for the Call is all about showing our seminarians how much we support them as they discern their call to the priesthood and about spreading the message that we all have a definite purpose given to us by God. You can help us spread that message just by doing something you love: Running!
These are just a few of the great reasons to sign up with Run for the Call this year and to do so today! Just click here, fill out the online form and we will send you a discount code to be used when you register with FlyingPigMarathon.com. See you on the course!
The 6th Annual Run for the Call Cincinnati Square Dance is just around the corner! Invite your family and friends to join you on Saturday, February 18th from 6-11 pm. This family-friendly event is open to people of all ages and is hosted by various young adult groups from across the Greater Cincinnati area.
As in the past we will have free square dance lessons at the beginning of the night and will square dance on the hour every hour. For the second year in a row we will have live square dance music provided by Gregg and Jenny Schmitmeyer. To fill in the time between square dances our professional DJ, Darren Zancan of DMZ Productions, will be filling the dance floor.
Light refreshments and snacks will be provided.
Cost for the event is just $5/person and all proceeds go to benefit our seminarians through Run for the Call!
To learn more about the event click the flyer above or visit the Event page on Facebook.
To join the Run for the Call running team at this year’s Flying Pig Marathon, click here. To donate directly to Run for the Call or commit to being a prayer warrior for our seminarians, click here.