While our number of runners continues to climb (can you believe we are now up to 70 runners!!!) I have great news! There are now a great number of updated team materials available to help you raise the most funds you can for our seminarians!
Last year we were able to raise over $9000 with just a few of these resources available to our team members! That money was put to great use as 5 of our seminarians needed some additional help to pay for their college tuition. We were able to nearly cut in half the size of the additional loans offered to them by the Archdiocese!!
This year we are instituting a couple new ideas:
1. Run for the Call Run-a-Thon: You estimate the number of miles you intend to run in your training leading up to your race on Flying Pig weekend and then go around to your friends, family and neighbors collecting pledges. At the end of the race you go back with your actual total and collect those pledges. This is a very fun way for people to give!
2. Piggest Raffle Ticket Sales: While we were a Piggest Raffle Charity last year, we are beefing up our ticket sales this year by offering a FREE team t-shirt to all who sell at least 10 tickets on our behalf. So, print off the Piggest Raffle Ticket Sales Guidelines and collect orders for “Pig Adoptions.” Submit those orders to me by mail (no later than May 1st) and I’ll send you the tickets! Who knows, maybe the adopted pig you sell will be the one who wins a two-year lease on a brand new Toyota Prius!
And just like last year we have some other tried and true ideas for you to utilize:
1. Donation Request Letters: Send letters to your family and friends and any other businesses you may know who are looking for a charity to support simply explaining who we are and why we are supporting this cause. Last year one of our team members was able to raise over $1000 just by doing this one fundraiser!
2. Simple Pledge Form: Go to your friends and neighbors, or set the form in your office break room and ask for simple one time pledges from people to Run for the Call.
3. Fundraising events: Like last year we hope to have 2 fundraising events. The first is a Square Dance for Young Adults and all those who are young at heart. It is happening on Saturday, April 6th from 5:30-11:00 pm at St. Gertrude in Madeira. Print off flyer, call your friends and get a group of people out to the greatest party of the year! The second event is a Spaghetti Dinner on Saturday, May 4th. We are working out the details at this time, but as soon as we have them, we’ll get a flyer out and you can help us by spreading the word once again and bringing a group!
All this great stuff and we have only hit the tip of the iceberg in ways of raising funds for such a great cause! Here are just a few more ideas:
- Sell team t-shirts
- Direct people that visit your website to our Donation page
- Collect money in baskets outside of Mass
- Organize a pancake breakfast or other event at your parish
- Have a bake sale
- Put on a car wash with team members from your parish (or get help from the youth group and split the profits)